Let’s just get this out in open now, Hi my name is Larissa Elle and I’m a procrastinator. For the last few years I’ve struggled with self motivation and inspiration to start a blog and a Youtube channel. I will put a few blog posts up and then lose my steam or focus. I have a million excuses and blame poor time management, scheduling and lack of sleep to not doing it.
It’s time that being a procrastinator comes to end, I stop making excuses and just do it. I mean just doing it is hard advice, empty advice for those who are struggling, frustrated, depressed, uninspired and searching for a sign or direction. There is no one who will show up one day and force you to do everything you’ve dreamed of doing. There is no magic pill, and when you finally cut the crap and start you’ll start to feel great! You just have to keep going, by doing small steps each day and changing your current routine.
Steps to stop procrastinating
- The night before I’ll set my alarm to wake up early.
- Pick out my outfit the night before, yes this includes the workout clothes.
- Workout in the morning, go for a walk, do something to get going.
- Making your space clean and organized (Making the bed, doing laundry, cleaning your desk or bathroom)
- Eating breakfast, I never made it a priority.
- Getting dressed and ready for the day.
- Reviewing my to-do list for the day and starting with the worst task.
- Drink more water, cold water, hot water with lemon whatever.
- Taking a moment to be grateful for you do have, and who you have in your life.
- Publish a post a day, either on social media or on this blog.
What are some of the reasons you’re procrastinating and what daily steps can you take to combat them? Let me know in the comment section below or on social media!